New partnership allows customers to pay for energy top-ups at convenience stores
Welwyn Garden City, 01 Deccember 2020: PayPoint and Bulb have today announced a new partnership that will allow Bulb’s customers to pay for their energy top-ups at 27,500 convenience stores across the UK.
Bulb is the fastest growing energy supplier in the UK and supplies 100% renewable electricity and gas to 1.7 million people. The deal means Bulb customers can top up their prepayment meters - whether they have a traditional or smart meter - at PayPoint’s extensive retailer network – which is larger than the banks, Post Offices and supermarkets combined.
Bulb’s Smart Pay As You Go customers will be able to top up online, but those who prefer to use cash can benefit from the convenience of PayPoint; with 99.3% of the UK population living within a mile of a PayPoint store, Bulb customers won’t have to travel far to top up their smart meters.
Danny Vant, Client Services Director at PayPoint, said: “We’re thrilled to partner with Bulb to enable their customers access to our network of 27,500 retailers. As a growing, digitally focused energy company, this deal is brilliant for all parties as we help Bulb reach those who are more cash-reliant. Our continued commitment to providing better payment access is central to our mission of transforming convenience for both retailers and consumers.”
SJ Han, Smart PAYG Product Manager at Bulb said: “We aim to provide best-in-class experience for our prepay members, whether they’re topping up online or instore. The extensive reach of PayPoint’s network made it the obvious choice for a partner.”
PayPoint Press Office
+44 20 3128 8100
For tens of thousands of businesses and their customers, we make life and payments more convenient.
For retailers, we offer innovative and time-saving technology that empowers them to achieve higher footfall and increased spend so they can grow their businesses profitably. Our innovative retail services platform, PayPoint One, is now live in over 16,500 shops in the UK and offers everything a modern convenience store needs. More broadly, we also provide card payments services to thousands of growing businesses across the hospitality, auto trade, clothing and households goods sectors. Our technology helps companies to serve customers quickly, improve business efficiency and modernise their operations.
For clients of all sizes, we also provide market-leading payments technologies without the need for capital investment. Our seamlessly integrated omnichannel solution – MultiPay – is a one-stop shop for digital and other customer payments, via any channel and on any device.
Together, these solutions help millions of consumers to control their household finances, make essential payments and access services like cash withdrawals, eMoney and parcel collections and drop-offs. Our UK network of more than 27,500 stores is bigger than all banks, supermarkets and Post Offices together, putting us at the heart of communities nationwide.
- Bulb is the UK's fastest growing energy supplier, providing 100% renewable electricity and 100% carbon neutral gas to homes across the UK
- Bulb has 1.7 million members
- Bulb’s electricity is sourced from renewable generators from across the UK, including six independent hydroelectric power stations in Wales and Scotland
- Bulb was founded by two ex-energy industry employees, Hayden Wood and Amit Gudka in 2015 Both saw first-hand that UK consumers were getting a rough deal
- Bulb was launched to give consumers a new choice and change the way people think about and interact with energy
- Bulb's provision of renewable energy and its market-leading service are possible due to its lean company structure and unique, proprietary technology that automates much of the issue resolution normally carried out by large customer service teams
- Bulb is a Living Wage Employer and a certified B Corp, working to demonstrate how business can be a force for good