Shareholders FAQs

On this page you will find answers to questions that are frequently asked by shareholders. If you do not find the information that you are looking for please contact our Registrar, Equiniti.

How do I buy or sell shares in PayPoint Plc?

You can buy or sell shares through you own broker or you can do this through Equiniti’s Postal Share Dealing Service, more information can be found here or over the phone with more information here

How do I stay informed about the latest Paypoint shareholder information?

Register for Shareview and view dividends, agm notices and other shareholder information online. As well as updating your personal information online when required. To Register for a Shareview portfolio click here.

How do I transfer my PayPoint shares?

If you wish to transfer some or all of your shares to someone else (for example your partner or other member of your family) please complete a share transfer form, which is available from Equiniti.

Is stamp duty payable on the share transfer?

This is dependent on the nature of the share transfer. Guidelines about stamp duty are set out on the reverse of the share transfer form. If you require any further assistance, contact Equiniti.

A declaration concerning the application of stamp duty on the share transfer is set out on the reverse of the share transfer form and should be completed and signed by you before you return the form to Equiniti.

My PayPoint share certificate has been lost/stolen. What should I do?

If you lose your share certificate, or it has been stolen, you should inform Equiniti immediately. You can do this by calling our shareholder helpline on +44 (0) 371 384 2030*. A record of the lost share certificate will be made to prevent it being used and a letter of indemnity will be sent to you to sign. This is to protect PayPoint from the possible misuse of your certificate while it is not in your possession. A replacement share certificate will then be sent to you. There is a charge for this service, so we advise you to keep your share certificate in a safe and secure place.

*Calls to an 03 number cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number. Lines open 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday (UK time), excluding public holidays in England and Wales.

Can I have my PayPoint dividends paid into my bank or building society account?

This can be arranged by completing, print and sending this mandate form to Equiniti – please note the mandate needs to be endorsed by your bank or building society.

You will no longer receive a postal notification of your dividend payments. Instead, you will receive a personalised consolidated dividend confirmation, detailing all the dividend payments in the relevant tax year.

These are mailed to you at the end of March each year, in time for you to complete your tax return.

View dividend payment dates

How do I get an out of date dividend cheque reissued?

Dividend cheques may be cashed within one year of issue. After this time they need to be reissued. You can do this by returning the cheque to Equiniti. There may be a fee for replacing the cheque. To avoid this problem, you should consider having your dividend cheques paid directly to your bank or building society account.

This can be arranged by completing, printing and sending this mandate form to Equiniti and have it endorsed by your bank or building society.

What do I do if I move house?

You should notify Equiniti in writing of changes, which you can do by completing a change of address form. If you hold shares in joint names, the request to change the address must be signed by the first-named shareholder. You can determine this from your share certificate or tax confirmation or by looking up your shareholding on the Shareview service.

What do I do if I change my name or get married?

To ensure the details of your shareholding are correct on the register you should notify Equiniti in writing of any change to your name. You should also include a copy of your marriage certificate or change of name deed as evidence of your name change. If you need uncashed dividend cheques to be reissued in your new name, please also include them in your envelope.