Notice of Results
PayPoint plc advises that it will make its Preliminary Results announcement for the period 30 March 2009 to 28 March 2010 on Thursday, 27 May 2010.
A presentation to analysts will take place at 11.45am on 27 May 2010 at Finsbury, 9th Floor, Tenter House, 45 Moorfields, London E
PayPoint is the leading cash and internet payments company in the UK, with operations also in Ireland and Romania. It handles over £9.3 billion from almost 550 million transactions annually for more than 6,000 clients and merchants. The company operates several businesses:
• The PayPoint branded retail network numbers over 22,300 terminals located in local shops (including Co-op, Spar, McColls, Costcutter, Sainsbury's Local, One Stop, Londis and thousands of independents) in all parts of the UK and Ireland. The terminals process gas and electricity meter prepayments, cash bill payments, mobile phone top-ups, transport tickets, BBC TV licences and a wide variety of other payment types for most leading utilities, telecommunications suppliers and many consumer service companies;
• An ATM network which has over 2,300 'LINK' branded machines across the UK, typically in convenience stores;
• PayPoint.net, an internet payment service provider, delivers secure online credit and debit card payments for over 5,200 web merchants, linking into all major UK acquiring banks;
• PayPoint Romania, a branded national retail network of over 2,400 terminals located in local shops which process cash bill payments for all the major utilities and mobile top-ups and a further 2,600 terminals that process mobile top-ups only;
• Collect+, a joint venture with Home Delivery Network Limited, provides a parcel collection and drop off service at PayPoint retailers; and
• PayByPhone, a leading international provider of services to parking authorities, that allows consumers to use their mobile phones to pay for their parking by credit or debit card.
PayPoint floated on the London Stock Exchange in September 2004 and the company's market capitalisation at 22 April 2010 was £212 million. PayPoint is widely recognised for its leadership in prepayment systems, smart technology and consumer service.